This is an adaptation of lemon poppyseed pancakes from PaleOMG that I got from Cathy Ostergar. I made a few changes to the recipe and loved the result!
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 coconut Chobani like yogurt container about 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon, lime and tangerine cutie
- juice of 1 lemon, lime and tangerine cutie
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- blueberries and raspberries
- coconut oil for greasing pan
- Whisk together wet ingredients: eggs, coconut yogurt, almond milk, honey, vanilla extract, lemon, lime and orange zest and juices in a large bowl.
- Then, while continuously whisking, add coconut flour, almond flour and tapioca flour, baking powder and baking soda and salt to the large bowl. Whisk until batter is combined but don’t over mix. Let sit for a bit while you prepare griddle.
- Grease a large pan with coconut oil and place over medium heat. Once pan is hot, use a large ladle or ice cream scoop to pour each pancakes. The batter should make 9-12 pancakes, depending how big you make them. Once each pancake begins to bubble, flip to cook on other side. About 2-3 minutes per side.
- Top with maple syrup.
These first pictures are of the experimental lemon poppyseed version. They were light and tasted good but I think the changes I made make them even better! The Citrus Trio version photos follow.